Phones That Are Confirmed to Get the Android Lollipop Software Update
Android Lollipop, the Android software version 5.0 formerly simply known as Android “L”, has been reported to have a November 3, 2014 release date. No official date has been announced yet by Google however.
The features included in the update include the following:
- A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices
- New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
- Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car
- Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your friends (or access any of your messages, photos etc.) by simply logging into another Android phone running Lollipop.
- Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your stuff
- New handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls
- Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity. For example, continue your video chat or VoIP calls without interruption as you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi back to cellular
- Even if your screen is off, you can say “OK Google” on devices with digital signal processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
The above are just a few of the features available on the latest upcoming update. Keep in mind that not all Android devices will get the software update at the same time. Here is a list of what phones have been confirmed (or almost confirmed) to get the update:
- Google Nexus 6 will come with Android 5.0 already installed.
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 4
- HTC One M8
- HTC One M7
- Both phones will get the upgrade within 90 days of the software’s final release.
- LG G3 will get the update before the end of the year (not completely confirmed)
- LG G2 will get the update in early 2015 (not completely confirmed)
- Moto X
- Moto G
- Moto G LTE
- Moto E
- Droid Ultra
- Droid Maxx
- Droid Mini
- Galaxy S5 will get the update by December 2014 (not completely confirmed)
- Galaxy Note 4
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy Note 3
- Above Samsung phones not completely confirmed at this time.
“Android 5.0, Lollipop”. Android.com. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
Eadicicco, Lisa (October 26, 2014). “Here Are All The Phones Confirmed To Get Google’s Massive Android Update”. Business Insider. Retrieved October 26, 2014.